Are you the Undergraduate of the Year for Opportunity Through Adversity?
We welcome students from any undergraduate degree/discipline who are proud of their achievements and are passionate about the fact that talent, determination, and integrity should decide someone's career, not their background.
One week’s work experience in the Fidelity International Dublin office - travel expenses paid!
To enter you need to:
- Be a current undergraduate student at a university, college, or similar institution in the island of Ireland
- Be in your first year of a three-year degree, or your second year of a four-year degree
- Have the right to work in Ireland, after graduation (we accept applications if you currently hold a student visa)
- Meet one of the following criteria - you do not need to identify which one, or provide evidence:
- being the first in your family to attend university
- being or having been in the care system
- attending a DEIS school
- being from an Irish Traveller or Roma background
- being a migrant or refugee
- having received free school meals
- being a mature student who has not previously accessed higher education.
- The award is open to undergraduates of all degrees/disciplines.
To enter you need to:
- Be a first or second year student
- The competition is open to students from all institutions and areas of study
What makes an award winner?
We are looking for people who are curious, compassionate, eager to learn, and self-reflective. Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from anyone who meets the award criteria, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, and more.
How do I win?
Submit by 30.01.23
Fidelity International and Undergraduate of the Year Award for Opportunity Through Adversity
At Fidelity, we’ve been helping clients plan and invest for their futures for over 50 years. From more than 25 locations around the world, we provide investment services and retirement expertise to everyone from central banks to private individuals. We’re known for acting with integrity and thinking in the long-term. Across our organisation, we foster a welcoming, caring, and inclusive culture where people feel respected, trusted, and able to be themselves. We are looking for bold ideas, curiosity, and creativity. It’s who you are that matters here, rather than what you studied. It takes all kinds of people and ideas to help our clients plan and save for the futures they want - we want to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to access a career with us. This is because, fundamentally, we believe that ability is distributed evenly across every population; however, opportunity is not. The Opportunity Through Adversity award recognises where individuals have encountered difficult circumstances and encourages them to view that adversity as part of their success story. We believe you deserve to fulfil your full potential, irrespective of your background. Apply now and tell us why you’re proud to be you!.